Monday, April 30, 2012

Re: Master of Chaplaincy Studies

 
Chaplaincy Studies - Chapter 2
 
My Pastor has the Divine Mark. He is caring, intelligent and has a peace and joy that never leaves him.
 
No one has ever said exact words (Divine Mark) but I do always hear there is something different about my personality and attitude, cheerful, always smiling, peace, easygoing.
 
I know God has called me into his Ministry. I have a desire in my heart of learning and growing my relationship and to help others in their relationship with the Lord.
 
Chapter 3
 
My skills include great listening and communication. I am empathetic. I love learning and have an ability to read people. I am a people person and a people watcher. I love to help and encourage people. I am a leader and love to teach others. I love the Lord and love to share my testimony and allow people to observe my testimony through my character.
 
In order to become a Nazarene Chaplain in the healthcare field you have to be ordained have 4 units of clinical pastor education and obtain ecclesiastical endorsement from chaplain services with church of Nazarene.

Another Lesson from another Minister

Active listening skills can and will fuel our social, emotional, and our professional relationships, and there have been studies that prove that listening is a skill we can learn.  Ordinary conversations emerge on a deeper level, as do our relationships, when we listen. We foster the skill in others by acting as a model for positive, as well as effective communication. This can help in the ministry to provide peace of mind to the counselee that the chaplain really cares, having taken the time from his schedule to sit and listen to the counselee.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment