Friday, August 26, 2016

Master Of Chaplaincy Lesson 2

Master of chaplaincy Lesson 2

I had the privilege of being part of Willow Creek Church in the early years. In those years I spent some time with all the leaders. Bill Hybels always struck me as ‘set apart’, there was a quality about him that could only be described as lead by the Spirit.

I have been told I have the Hand of God upon me, it was very evident in the first few years after my acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior. Now it more tempered, rational, and less confrontational, but it is still there. I get approached on a regular basis by people for spiritual guidance.

My calling is interesting. I have been called to be the spiritual leader of several groups. Those groups having members of different levels of spirituality and widely variant paths. My challenge there is to learn more so that I can properly minister to all those wonderful people.

My Officiant ministry has grown from a casual, occasional, something I do into a full-blown small business. I perform 30-40 weddings a year, a funeral and baptism occasionally. For instance, I have performed the weddings for all of one family’s children. I am one family’s ‘go to guy’ for funerals (thankfully not too many of those) and I have performed 3 of the last 4 funeral services for my own family.

Rev. Russ, the Rent A Preacher
http:/www.rentapreacher.info

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment