Friday, November 17, 2017

Lesson 2

Describe someone you know who has the Divine Mark.  What set them apart?

This is a more difficult question than it seems.  Over many years, I have known varied "Ministers"  of varied Denominations.  Thinking back, I cannot recall any who I thought at the time had the "Divine Mark".  Of course, I generally had no reason to have a lot of contact with them on a personal basis.  That they were eloquent speakers and held conviction in their words was apparent.

On the other hand, I have met people who seem to have a deep inner peace, a serenity and who follow a calling of healing, or ministering in a secular way.  It is almost like an aura they give off - of love, trust, faith, and inner peace.

Has anyone observed the mark in you?  Write down what they have said?

It seems a bit presumptuous to presume that someone would have done so.  No-one has ever come up to me and told me they have.

They have said I am easy to trust, easy to speak to, have a sense of peace about me, am honourable, am the kindest person they have ever known (that is probably the best compliment I've ever been paid - being called honourable is the second.).  

Whether that is having the mark?  I don't know….I think of it as just an effort to spread some goodness and joy in the world.

Consider your calling.  Describe it in a paragraph or two.

"Calling".  It's such a "committed" word.  I don't know what my calling is.  Does anyone know it for a FACT?  Or do they think "That MUST be it!" and continue on that path, Faith guiding them?

I'm a therapist.  I've always been the Agony Aunt, so I decided to finally retrain and get paid for it.  :-). I'm a nurturer and genuinely love (most) people.  Those I don't love, I still tend to try to understand them.  I don't analyse people's minds or pasts or what their childhoods were, nor pretend to.  I help them make changes - to figure our what it is they want to change, and help devise a plan to make the changes and help them practice the new behaviour until it (hopefully) becomes part of them.

But mostly, I make them believe in themselves.  I tell them, "I am just the biggest cheerleader in the world".  And work with them until they believe in themselves as much as I do.  I pass skills that enable them to empower themselves.  Once they are empowered enough to feel they are not lost, they can make better choices.  Choices which are guided by THEIR beliefs and not what they have always been taught they "should believe".  I am sure that people are inherently good and kind, although it's not "cool" to be so.  I show them that that is ok too - as we are our own worst critic.

So….I help others help themselves.  When others feel well and happy, they help others.  So, I suppose my calling is to make the world a slightly better place by helping people see the good in it and themselves.  When they can do that, they open themselves to exploring areas which bring joy and enlightenment.

Is it a "calling"?  I still wouldn't know to call it that.  Is it what makes me happy?  Yes.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment