Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Master of Chaplaincy Studies Lesson18

Master of Chaplaincy Studies    Lesson 18                  12/23/2019  1:30PM   

 

 

Read through this about three times.

•         Print out a copy for your notebook.

•         Look at your ministry. What are the stressor points? What is your week like? Develop your spiritual care plan. Write a brief description of it.

•         Post your findings on the ULC Discussion Board.

 

     I am disabled through Social Security, so all of my ministry is Volunteer and not paid.

 

    Since my ministry has been mostly volunteer, I have had need to take breaks sometimes as often as after each service I performed for someone.  The counselling and case work can often be draining; yet rewarding.   

    I begin my week by listening to activity on the scanner, or awaiting a call from the hospital or some other agency in need of a Heathen/Pagan Minister. Or just a healer to come.  

      I have tried to work in such a manner that Mondays are for personal rest and relaxation.  Often, I have gone fishing in my canoe just to take a break and enjoy God's gifts.  

     I do try to spend about an hour every morning and evening in Spiritual Contemplation in my Therapy Room.   It is there that I can find contentment with what I have done each day and the grounding necessary for the next service I am to be of.  

     Occasionally, I consider what it would be like to be a paid Pastor or Chaplain; But I think that would place restrictions upon my abilities as well as  restraints upon what I can cover as the minister and healer I think I am.  So, I have opted not to seek such a relationship/employment thus far.

 

 

< ~ Knowledge-junkie.>

 

Pastor Larry V. Fulmer, Jr

749 Springhill Dr.

Newberry, S.C. 29108

cell   (803) 944-9803

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment