Monday, December 6, 2010

Chaplaincy

Master of Chaplaincy – Lesson 2
Rev. Alexander Balla

1. Describe someone you know who has the Divine Mark. What set them apart?

A good friend of my mother's has the Divine Mark. He is a Reiki master and spiritual healer and he carries himself differently, he speaks differently, his entire demeanor is different than any other human being I know. In his reiki classes I learned many wonderful and beautiful things, and I experienced the power to heal that God has given this man.

2. Has anyone observed the divine mark in you? Write down what they have said.

I attended a Catholic high school for four years. All throughout my time there my classmates and my teachers believed that out of everyone there, I would be the most likely to join God's ministry. They told me that I had a pure heart and that I would make an excellent priest. While I still do not wish to become a priest within the Catholic faith, I do believe that I have been called to minister to those I come in contact with.

3. Consider your calling. Describe it in a paragraph or two.

I am called to the fire service, to music education, and to the counseling profession. In addition to the eight classes I am currently taking for the ULC Chaplaincy program, I am also a full time student working on an associates degree in drug and alcohol counseling, and I am a volunteer firefighter in my town. My calling is to serve my community and all God's children and to educate myself so I can do so as effectively as possible.

********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for free, for life, right now, click on the Free Online Ordination link.

Rev. Long created the ULC seminary site to help ministers learn and grow their ministries. The Seminary offers a huge catalog of materials for ministers of the Universal Life Church, as well as an online seminary program and a chaplaincy program.

No comments:

Post a Comment