Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chaplaincy Program

     Lesson 1 is a good introduction to chaplaincy. I have been investigating this ministry for a while and have learned a lot about the chaplain and various duties. Military,Police, Fire, and Emergency Service are most often known. Other needs like prison, hospital, hospice, or street and homeless outreach  are just as important. As a minister I choose to minister to the forgotten people in our society. I am already a certified chaplain but feel I can benefit from  additional training, especially in interfaith situations, since I am a Christian Chaplain. I grew up very poor and have seen suffering on many levels and can  understand the need for someone to talk to, be with in stressful situations, or just share a kind word. It really is amazing to see just how invisible people  are when they have no money, are living on the streets homeless, and hungry. I choose to serve for His Glory, not my own.

     I see there is fascinating history of chaplaincy going back far. If I had not read this lesson, I still would have thought the tradition would be  an old one.

L W Doss



*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity two courses in , Wicca, several in  Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.


The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.
 
As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.
 
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments:

Post a Comment