Monday, January 3, 2011

Chaplaincy

Lesson 3
I.              Do a self-evaluation of your present skills. Write a short summary of your strengths and weaknesses. Write a short plan of how you will seek to improve.

Strengths
Honesty: Is a major role of my daily life. I am very honest with people and have the ability for people to listen to what I have to say.

Trustworthy: People can be assured, that when they speak to me concerning any issue they may have it will stay with me and their business will not be shared with anyone else.

Faith: I believe in the word and I believe that the key to many answers to daily life are answered in the scripture. I don't mind sharing that with others and I feel it is my duty to do so, because of my beliefs and faith in Christ.

Good Listener: I have learned that many times its best to listen and to let a person vent and later if wanted answer questions. The listen is right one needs to be a good listener. From experience that alone can be a great relief to one in need.

Weaknesses
I have one weakness that I know and was clearly exposed to me when I had to take CISM training, which is sensitivity. Being ex-military I lost much of that, but I have been taking classes to do better in that weakness. I can't just say suck it up and keep going. By taking classes I have learned that way of thinking cannot be applied to the ministry. I will continue to take classes on the subject.


II.             Research your religion's {or denomination} qualifications for the chaplaincy. Write your results.

In my faith group we have to be trained to become a Chaplain, as well as ordained. I understand that training is required and it will also make you better in your field of ministry. Limitation can exist without training and understanding the scripture.


Martin A

********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for free, for life, right now, click on the Free Online Ordination link.

Rev. Long created the ULC seminary site to help ministers learn and grow their ministries. The Seminary offers a huge catalog of materials for ministers of the Universal Life Church, as well as an online seminary program and a chaplaincy program.

No comments:

Post a Comment