Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chaplaincy Program


My learning expereiance from Chaplain Training ULC has been great. It has given me pointers on how to run a Chaplain Ministry. It gave me tips and a better understanding about people and how to deal with them. It showed me skills on how to be more compassionate and understanding. It also explains to me that as a chaplain we must be good listeners. To listen before we speak. Listening plays a major role in our position. It also explained how a chaplain should carry themselves and to try and keep relationships separate. As a chaplain we must keep our relationships separate and not get involved as well as make sure to put clients in place if they trying to gain a relationship. If we see something like that we need to recommend them to another chaplain that could help them better.  The training really helps the chaplain put in the proper place. The whole course has helped me in many angles and I can tell you it has made me a better chaplain and person. I think what really helped me was the fact that I come from a Military background I had to learn to be more compassionate and this course helped me to become compassionate. One needs to be this way or they cannot have any type of ministry.  I took a CISM class to become more compassionate, but to be honest the readings that I received from this class showed me reasons and better understand why it is important to be more compassionate. It also gave me an understanding that I was as a chaplain what I needed to do to make myself a better chaplain and better listener. In many cases chaplains start to do all the talking and never give the person who s facing a crisis a chance to talk about what's is going on with them. That's why we should be quite and listen before we open up and start speaking. Listening is the key to Chaplaincy is what I have learned. I also learned how to run my daily ministry by the way I organize my ministry to make it more effective and that it will run smoothly so that I may support my clients. I also learned that your ministry needs a break as we all do. This was happening to me a lot where I had no time for my family spent all my free time with the ministry. I had to learn to say NO and give time my family and life, time to have some free time. At first it was hard, but as time went by and I began to see how happy my family was I kept my routine to given my family and time. Which in return has made me a better Chaplain for my clients and my family.
            As improvements to the course I think the course is strong and it has a lot of helpful and good points that make the course strong. However, if it were I would change technical aspect of things. I would change blog system, because of the emails sent bounce back. I would either use another blog system or even email. Another aspect I might change I would integrate short videos and audio. Maybe even use a LMS that is not expensive like black board. Something like, edu20which is a free online source that can be used to teach classes. Also could enable the students to move forward a complete program faster. Just a thought I think the way it is being done now is good, but maybe something in future it might be something to use. There are so many things with technology that a courses can be taught, but I think what works bet for the school the school should stick with.  I was very happy with the way the class was taught and the blog system. The only problem was making sure the mail being sent to the blog was being reviewed. I had a few of my emails that I sent to the blog returned because of technical issues. However, from staff was very helpful and the issues was resolved quickly.
            As for taking the course I hope that it will be a better compassionate chaplain where I can serve my community well and effectively I hope that I can grow my ministry bigger that I can touch the hearts of many. I also hope that it can help me with current ministry and that It will help me with my pet ministry that my wife and I currently run. Things can be tough but this training has given me the strength not quit and move forward not matter what.  I also hope that I can explain my ministry and maybe get another chaplain to help in building the ministry. I am not doing the is for the money, I have a job. I do this to better server my fellow mankind and help them in need. Also help them get their own lives straight that they too can develop a relation ship with his maker and do better for himself and in some cases for his family as well.
            The bottom line ULC has a great program and gets one ready to hit the street and to help those in need. You can never get too much education and I feel that ULC provides the education you need to be a functional chaplain that will have give back to his or her community and will be sought out by those in need. I know in my heart by taking this class I did the right things and open knew doors that will help me in doing a better job as a chaplain and as a person. I highly recommend others to do the same thing and take a class. I know in the long run it will pay you with the knowledge that you need to better do your job and ready to help when called upon.


Martin A

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have various classes in Christianity, one on Wicca, along with several Pagan courses, more than a few courses about Metaphysics with more being added regularly.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free, legal and lasts for life, so please take advantage of our Free Online Ordination.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and am proud to have started the Seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar
 

No comments:

Post a Comment