Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chaplaincy program


Master of Chaplaincy Studies Lesson 15
Developing a "sacred space" in a small or medium space and how it would be led.
I am the chaplain for my chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association and our mission is to reach out to the motorcycle community with the Word.  I always carry a Bible, actually several Bibles on my bike and I always wear the cross around my neck.  I also have the association's  patch on the back of my vest.  When I need to create a "sacred space" in the motorcycle community, I simply drape my vest over the windshield of my bike so that the backpatch is in view, and I have my Bible and my cross. I have a patch on my vest that clearly identifies as a chaplain.  As in the lesson where the army chaplain did something similar with his jeep, this is a simple but effect way to create a "sacred space"  I set the tone by reciting Matt. 18:20, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.


May God Bless you.....
   Rod
Luke 14:23

No comments:

Post a Comment