Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chaplaincy Studies



Master of Chaplaincy Studies:  Lesson 12
I feel that even though my counseling is mostly effective, I can still, and need to improve on several aspects of counseling.  I am constantly working on improving my listening skills.  I am so focused on providing the "right answers" that I don't always listen as carefully as I should.  I need to remind myself that there is not always a "quick fix" to any given situation.
I also need to increase my resources regarding additional professional help for my counselees so that I can effectively refer them to someone more specialized in the nature of the situation as needed.
The "Firing Order" portion of this lesson was of great benefit.  This will help me greatly in guiding people in making changes.
Resources that I have at my disposal are my mentor and other area Chaplains along with my Pastor.  I also use the internet for additional information and strategies.



May God Bless you.....
   Rod
*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have various classes in Christianity, one on Wicca, along with several Pagan courses, more than a few courses about Metaphysics with more being added regularly.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free, legal and lasts for life, so please take advantage of our Free Online Ordination.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and am proud to have started the Seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment