Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chaplaincy Studies

Master of Chaplaincy Studies Lesson 11
As CMA Chapter Chaplain, my first encounter with someone who suffered a loss was a fellow member who has lost his job.  This gentleman was in his mid 50's and in his search, he was either  deemed over qualified or "too old".  We talked and together came to the realization that even though he was in a difficult time, he would be patient because God does have a plan for him.  I prayed with him, for him and included him on our chapter prayer list.  I kept in constant contact with him through his process, just letting him know I cared and was supporting him in any way I could.  I would ask frequently about his interviews upcoming and how past interviews went…always reminding him God would ultimately take care of him.  The prayers worked because in a span of a week, he was offered 2 jobs of which he took one.  He told me it wasn't exactly what he was looking for, but he was grateful and thankful to the opportunity before him. 
For me, I felt a great deal peace and admiration for this man.  Throughout his ordeal, he kept a great attitude and it was all possible because of the Lord.  He was thankful for the prayers and support that he received, not only from myself,  but from the entire Chapter.  God is Good.
May God Bless y ou,
Rod Fry


May God Bless you.....
   Rod
Luke 14:23

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have various classes in Christianity, one on Wicca, along with several Pagan courses, more than a few courses about Metaphysics with more being added regularly.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free, legal and lasts for life, so please take advantage of our Free Online Ordination.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and am proud to have started the Seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar
 

No comments:

Post a Comment