Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Master of the Chaplaincy Studies - Lesson 1 - Sister Madsen


Universal Life Church Seminary
 
Master of the Chaplaincy Studies
 
Lesson 1
 
When I was young, I thought I new it all;  I Knew nothing. As I matured and put myself into the Lords hands, I have learned more then I ever thought I would ever learn.  But, yet, I don't boast in what I know, as that is between God and I.  I have been moving in many directions as I learn what the Lord wants me to do with the ministry he has called me to.  I am just preparing myself with all the knowledge that is sent my way for the use in His ministry.
 
To be a Chaplain, if this is truly where the Lord leads me, would be a great honor to Him.  I am a better listener then a talker.  I love people and no mater what their faith, I try to be their for them and to listen to their problems.  I have been a Chaplain all of my life and didn't know it.  I have friends of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds and many of them have no where to turn.  I am always asked questions and I try to give the most honest answer I know how to give and if I don't have the answer I tell the person I will find out the answer for them.  I think this is what the Chaplaincy Position is all about.  Just being their for others and not judging or trying to change them.  May God our Father Guide me and teach me as I study this course.  I would love to be a Chaplain to Children and Young People.
Thank You

Sister Sharon L. Madsen


No comments:

Post a Comment