Monday, March 11, 2013

Master of Chaplaincy Studies Lesson 1


3. Write out a short paragraph or two on what you know of chaplains. Does your faith group or religion have chaplains or not? What is your view of chaplains and their role in society today?

I know that Chaplains do indeed work towards helping others without their own personal religious or faith bias. I was in the hospital once visiting my husband after a knee surgery and had a decent size conversation over the course of his time in the hospital with the Chaplain. He told me of the training he had at a local school just for Chaplains. We had spoken of our faith belief with him and he was extremely interested as he had not pursued the Wiccan or any Pagan faith for knowledge but was thinking about doing it. Together we learned much of the similarities of the core basic ideas and beliefs we shared. 

My faith group is so varied on what the groups do. When I mentor students for their First Degree Wiccan Clergy in the Tradition, I share all of the wonderful things we are able to do to help others. We serve our fellow Wiccans, Pagans, or anyone needing help. They do not specifically have a Chaplain group that I know of. It would be a great idea though.

I think Chaplains are only remembered during serious disasters and mostly known to Fire, Police, and Hospitals. Today's general public probably doesn't even know or understand what a Chaplain is. If Chaplains were more visible they would inspire others with their ways of un biased love and help for humanity(even animals).


Blessings 
Cheryl Lynn Hewitt


No comments:

Post a Comment