Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lesson #1

Hi Rev. Daniel Moore,
I'm just noticing that you would like the homework assignments sent to this email address. Here is Lesson #1, that I already posted on the ULC Forum Chaplaincy Site too.
 
Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:54 PM
I find it very interesting that while I have not had much exposure to chaplains in my life, outside of the chaplain in the '70's TV show "Mash," I find much of my life's work, and currently with by worldwide blog, that I walk in the footsteps of the chaplain, the keeper of the sacred. I absolutely love that phrase. I had my own massage therapy business for 12 years. I know people came to me in pain, looking for release of this pain, but often would tell me they came because by the end of their session, they felt lighter, happier, and somehow, closer to God. I gave back to the community by holding monthly meditation nights once a month for eight years. People of all faiths, and some with no faith at all, would attend. Although I have had no real life exposure to the work of a chaplain, I believe God opened doors for me to be exactly in this place, at this exact moment in time, to do exactly this work. With my blog: www.lindahourihan.wordpress.com, I reach people in over 120 countries, with over 16,000 hits, in just over one year. This is quite humbling. I think with main stream religions having a hard time filling their churches, and in some cases closing their doors, that the work of being a chaplain is more needed than ever before. I AM looking forward to this incredible journey.
 
Divine Love and Light,
Rev. Linda M. Hourihan, DD

No comments:

Post a Comment