Thursday, April 26, 2018

lesson 2

In my youth i was a troubled teen and During a stay in a drug rehab i met the house chaplain who sought me out at lunch my 3rd day. We sat and talked and I was marveled at the air around him, it seemed fresher and his mannerism was quite, pleasant and confident with a purpose. During my stay we spent a lot of time together and got to know one another very well and i enjoyed my time with him immensely.


He would tell me about his work and calling, every so often he would ask me if i ever thought about being a chaplain or what course i thought god was directing me. When i left we kept in contact for some years and he never stopped reminding me that i should think about a life reaching for those who are in need of spiritual healing.



As for my own idea of my calling i have found at times it difficult to describe to myself. Long ago i left the the construct of organized religion for personal reasons. Since then  i've been on a rollercoaster of spiritual discovery and what feels like driven by the idea that i wanted, needed maybe even had to know all i can about all of it. I've never disapproved of anyone's beliefs in anyway i don't shun personal spiritual beliefs i find it makes my heart happy when people do have them whatever they may be and when it comes to healing, guiding or helping in any way on these matters i feel a longing and a nudging to step forward and be that what is being called. I guess i can best described it as a calling to be a multi-faith spiritual helper for any who needs when they need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment