Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chaplaincy Program

I am retired from the military so I have had a lot of contact with Chaplains. Most of the time it was when I was deployed. The Chaplains I have had contact with have with have been very helpful for me when I was away from home. When I was deployed the church was the only constant in my life. When I was outside the church everything was military, but once I step into the Chapel I felt close to home.It wasn't the Chapel itself that made it comfortable, it could have been a tent or a fixed facility, it was the Chaplain. The same care and concern that my Minister at home had for my well being was the same I received from the Chaplain. I was a medic and at times I dealt with situations that taxed my emotions to the fringe, and the Chaplain was always there.
The examples that were set by the Chaplains are what I plan on following in my ministry. I will show the same caring and concern that they did. I feel they set the best example to follow.
Rick Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment