Friday, June 8, 2012

Master of Chaplaincy Studies Lesson 15


In my position as a community chaplain, I will be performing worship services in all types of environments and settings, and these will consist of both regular services (scheduled) as well as on-demand or on-the-spot worship and prayer.

My services will be dependent upon what's going on at the time as well as who it is that I am providing the services for. In general I try to keep it real with personal contact and scripture readings, prayer and time to discuss things. I plan to follow the patterns practiced by the Universal Life Church. This includes an opening prayer, Scripture readings, a short sermon, time for others to share the podium, and then a closing prayer.

If at all possible I would like to have in the dedicated "chapel" area several items to enhance the experience for those I am to serve. This might include a bible, several small new testament bible for the people to take for free, A Framed picture of Jesus and other items as they are available.


No comments:

Post a Comment