Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Master of Chaplaincy Studies Lesson 16


In my ministry, I see all kinds of people from all walks of life. As such, several of these I see on a more or less regular basis. One of them in particular, Danette, seems to be more needing of my counsel and prayer. Danette suffers from a life-long mental illness that makes her feel depressed and become angry and uncontrollable at random. She find it very difficult to live a happy life and I pray for her often. On top of this, she experienced a fall several years ago which today causes her severe pain and back problems.

I would like to develop a soul-frienship with Danette, because I think that this type of friendship would benefit her greatly. I can develop this relationship by asking her to join in on the prayers and possibly my spending a little more time with her and by showing her holiness and prayer faith through my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment