Friday, August 17, 2012

Chaplaincy Lesson 2 - Rev. Heckler


 Chaplaincy Lesson 2
HOMEWORK LESSON TWO
Describe someone you know who has the Divine Mark. What set them apart? I had a Pastor a few years back that could fill the whole church. It was sad when he had to leave, that congregation drifted apart. He was so charismatic and full of the spirit that we all are still better people for having known him. It's impossible to describe, but I can say he made all of us want to live up to what we could be, and not accept limits others placed on us.

Has anyone observed the mark in you? Write down what they have said?
             My siblings have always set me apart. To quote the Beatles they said 'in the hours of darkness Mother Mary comes to me,' I just always knew when they needed me. I do feel blessed when God reveals the needs of others, and I feel extremely blessed when God uses me to help them.

Consider your calling. Describe it in a paragraph or two.
            Being the middle of eleven children I was born into the position of helping, mending cuts, kissing bruises, and keeping track of the younger ones whereabouts, and helping my mother out. One of my younger brothers to this day calls me Mother Mary. As time passed our parents died and everyone created their own families. I raised my children, foster children, and I'm now a grandmother, they too grow. When I grew up I went into care-giving for the elderly, crippled, and those with dementia. I have always been called to help and now at this new stage of my life God is pointing me in a new direction to help his children.

Rev. Heckler

No comments:

Post a Comment