Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lesson for ULC Discussion Board - Chaplaincy Lesson 3

Thank you for posting my lessons. this is lesson 3 for the Chaplaincy
 
Lesson 3.  A self-evaluation of present skills and abilities reveals strengths in listening, observation, and healing. Other strengths are the qualification of the call, faithful, have good character, and good testimony. I have strength in teaching as I have completed courses in teaching and teach crafts including crotchet lessons. I think the sound in doctrine is adequate but has room for improvement.
A weakness is trying to suggest opinions and solutions when talking with a person. I must wait and try to merely help the person to find an answer themselves. I will seek to improve my patience and not to be hasty in attempting to help someone.
I will seek to improve my doctrine soundness. There is always more to learn.
A chaplain of pastoral services job description shows that the chaplain will report to the Director of Pastoral Services with accountability to the team facilitator and team, assist with faith issues in the healing process and provide crisis intervention, and visit with patients, families and staff making spiritual assessments.
A Master of Divinity Degree, Master of Arts in Religion or Master of Pastoral Counseling is required. A certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains or National Association of Catholic Chaplains, or certification eligibility and must obtain certification within two year.
Regards, D


No comments:

Post a Comment