Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Universal Life Church Chaplaincy Course Lesson 2

Thank you, Rev. Dorothy
Lesson 2
1. Describe someone you know who has the Divine Mark. What set them apart?  Has anyone observed the mark in you? Write down what they have said. Consider your calling. Describe it in a paragraph or two.
I met a minister for the Church of God who has a divine mark. I met him many years ago and was drawn to him. He was unassuming in a crowd, yet I went up to him and said hello. He merely smiled and said he noticed me also. Later during a conversation he said he saw the divine mark in me. At the time, I told him that I was not special and could never do what he does.  He merely smiled and said when I was ready, I would know. However, whenever I would contact him he would bring up the topic. I was young and embarrassed that I was not able to do as he requested.
I have had a strong urge to help since a young age. People and animals would be drawn to me and I to them. I wanted to be a nun as a child; however, I never considered a calling as such, as I always thought I was unworthy. It is impossible to ignore the tiny voice that directs my life. As I review my life I find that my actions and careers are all in the assistance fields. As a child, I was a lifeguard and playground coordinator. As an adult, I have been an emergency medical technician, worked in a hospital, and now work for the American Red Cross as a phlebotomist technician and disaster relief responder. I became a Master of Reiki and ordained in November 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment