Monday, November 12, 2012

CHAPLAINCY LESSON 10

Suggested resource involving 'appropriate touch' and conduct in general:
and
 
My updated list re: appropriate touch:
1. I will never touch anybody without their permission and if ok'd only on the hand or shoulder for greeting/prayer.
2. I will be mindful of your personal space; I will not hover or crowd you.
3. If allowed to anoint your head and pray over you I will lightly touch the crown of your head or your forehead as I pray over you.
4. I will always make sure somebody in charge knows I am there or, if you are in my office, I will make sure that somebody knows you are there. This keeps things 'kosher' so to speak.
5. I will never be unaccompanied when with a child.
6. Most fellas I know are barely 'huggy' with their own kin, much less a stranger. It's a guy thing and I appreciate that.
7. Most ladies are wary of strangers, even of their own gender. It's better to be safe.
For 6/7 a hand pat/squeeze if allowed is usually enough.
8. I promise will use hand sanitizer that is not obnoxious smelling.
9. As a personal rule I only give really close hugs to the closest inner circle of my family (spouse/mom/dad/grandparents/loving aunts/siblings/REALLY close friends). It's just the way I was raised. Church folk get the minimal 'church hug' and only then after we've known each other for a while. It's just how I was raised.
Peace,
Rev. K Hyler
 

No comments:

Post a Comment