Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chaplaincy Studies

Lesson 14~ Chaplaincy Studies ~ Essay

By: Rev. Trent Murman, OSM, OSF

 

Develop a list of holidays celebrated by the institution you minister as a chaplain.

Christmas

Lent

Easter

Thanksgiving

Veteran's Day

Ash Wednesday

Good Friday
 

Develop a marriage policy as a chaplain. As a chaplain, one does not usually have a set following or congregation, so my policy would be to:  meet with the prospected bride and groom at least 2 to 3 times prior to administering the ceremony.  However, in the state of Indiana pre-marriage counseling is not required.  Chaplaincy, I feel is an acception to this.  My goal regarding meeting with them would be to see their position or views on the sanctity of marriage.  To be sure this is what each of them wanted.  It would also be advisable to meet maybe once with each of the parties individually to get their views and thoughts individually so there is no pressure on either partner for the marriage.  Once I have been satisfied in my own mind then I would either proceed with the ceremony or simply state to them that I did not feel I was the one to marry them. 

Go In Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment