Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chaplaincy Studies

Lesson 17 ~ Chaplaincy Studies ~ Accountability ~ Essay

Rev. Trent Murman, OSM, OSF
 

Do you have a mentor? If not, what is your plan to find and establish a mentoring relationship? If you do, write a brief description and the blessings you have received from it. I do not presently have a mentor.  However, it would be prudent to have a mentor to be able to discuss situations you may come up with during your stent as a chaplain.  Myself, I would prefer to have a military chaplain because of my background.  I have had the pleasure to come into contact with several military chaplains during my military service career.  I feel these chaplains are the very well equipped to handle mentoring and usually straight forward and mostly very level headed in their decisions making process.  Accountability is most important for all clergy.  Accountability leads to trust by the people the chaplain ministers to.  Without the trust of your followers your credibility is toast. 

Go In Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment