Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Become a Chaplain

Write a paragraph about how you conduct your counseling:
In the realm of counseling I have the luxury of a background in psychology and substance abuse addiction counseling. When I am called to counsel I fall back on my training. I make sure that I provide an accurate mirror of the client/patient’s personality, emotions, and actions, I become an active listener, and I provide advice and comfort wherever necessary. I adhere to the strict code of ethics that all who are in the counseling field must abide by, both for the sake of the client and myself. If I'm met with a case that's over my head I refer that person to a counselor with a specialty in that area or someone with more expertise than myself. As a mandated reporter I have to keep in mind that confidentiality must be breached if thoughts or plans of suicide, homicide, or self harm are revealed. Also if a client/patient has a terminal communicable disease and is knowingly exposing others to said disease, confidentiality must be breached. Aside from these situations though, confidentiality is a must and cannot be ignored for any reason, except for those that I have just mentioned.



*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have various classes in Christianity, one on Wicca, along with several Pagan courses, more than a few courses about Metaphysics with more being added regularly.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free, legal and lasts for life, so please take advantage of our Free Online Ordination.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of minister supplies.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and am proud to have started the Seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment