Thursday, May 17, 2012

Answers for Master of Chaplaincy Studies, Lesson 2


ANSWERS FOR MASTER OF CHAPLAINCY STUDIES - LESSON 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've known a man who has this mark bestowed on him. I have known him for many years. This mark is made evident in many ways. He certainly walks with God and prays at EVERY event and happening. He prays as if he is speaking on a personal level with God himself. He talks to Him about what he wants and needs and about the needs and comfort of those he serves. He pastors a church now. But, years ago he was the head chaplain for the Texas MHMR system. He taught me many things in my youth and one of the most riveting and profound of his teachings was that of how to pray and study scripture. He is one of the most unique people I have ever met in my life. He has come in and out of my life for more than 15 years, and always in a ministerial position of services and care.

Quite a few people has noticed something different about me. They make comments about my level of intelligence being over their own, which I
strongly stand against and tell them truthfully that I in fact have very little education (formally) and a low IQ rating. They have said that I understand extremely complex problems beyond a doctorate level, although I have difficulty much of the time in expressing the these, and their solutions, in simple enough terms to be understood.

The gifts and abilities of my calling are those of understanding, memory, grasping technologies, kindness and the ability to completely forgive, usually before the offense has been dealt. I have an uncanny ability to speak with gentle persuasion, manipulation and diplomacy in a way which creates peace, harmony, understanding and solutions(usually temporary). I am able to say things, or ask things which create motivation in people, and have of late used this ability
to get people all over the world to ask the all-important question, "Why do I believe whatever I believe?" My question invoke feelings and stir emotions and present a curious series of information and understanding that contradicts what is taught in the world at large, most of it focused on scriptural truths. One of the many delightful and positive side-effects of this kind and gentle prodding is that people are eager to understand and research their beliefs to validate the things that they hold true, and to share what they themselves will learn by studying with those around them. One of my goals is to use ALL of these abilities to help people understand that we are one and we need to be united AS HUMAN BEINGS.


Sincerely,
    Dr.Rev. Ronald "Aaron" Norris


No comments:

Post a Comment