Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Lesson 10 - The Healing Touch

This lesson hits home for me. At the age of 13, my son fell out of a tree and ended up with Traumatic Brain Injury. After his fall, things changed with him. I could no longer hug my son like I used to as he did not like to be touched. With him, I learned some pretty good lessons.


I will always extend my hand for a handshake. I feel that is appropriate in most situations. That gives the other person the option of shaking my hand or not.

As far as touching beyond that, I believe one should always ask permission before touching. If it is someone I know well, I will already know what is appropriate.

In today's society, one can not be too careful. A simple touch could land one in court for sexual harassment. That is why it is my policy to ALWAYS ask permission before touching.


Chaplain To Be,
Rev. Lisha


No comments:

Post a Comment