Monday, May 28, 2018

Lesson 16

Lesson 16 Answer

Who in your ministry do you see as a potential soul-friend?

            I see a couple of people as potential soul-friends. The first is my pastor and the second is a pastor who is also treasurer for my American Legion post.

Describe how you have been or become a soul-friend to someone and how you would like to improve this relationship.

I have a very old and wise Gideon friend that has helped me and prayed for me for many years. I have a tendency to neglect him but would love to increase the mentorship that has developed into something more like the soul-friend relationship described in the lesson. I would also like to cultivate that same relationship with my pastor or possibly the other pastor I mentioned. Unfortunately, I'm a very solitary and self-reliant person. I'm the type of person that, if stranded on a deserted island, would just set up housekeeping and start a new life alone. I would wish for rescue but wouldn't rely upon it. I'm the type of person that people can rely upon, but I fail to rely on others, so I'm not sure I could ever be much of a soul-friend to anyone – including my precious wife.

To spite my love and compassion, my desire to serve, my dedication to seeing souls saved, I may not be a very good candidate for soul-friend. I will endeavor to preserver in the pursuit of these relationships though, just in case it is something that can be learned, instead of coming naturally. It definitely does not come naturally to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment